When it comes to color application, James Hardie fiber cement comes in two different options. While the traditional pre-primed boards give you the opportunity to paint your home any color, they have drawbacks too. Your installation will take longer, VOCs will be emitted, and the finish won’t last as long as the second option Hardie offers: ColorPlus® technology!
The James Hardie company saw the problems homeowners were having with traditional paint applied after installation, and they came up with a fabulous solution. Here’s some valuable information about the amazing ColorPlus technology they developed.
What Is James Hardie ColorPlus Technology?
The lifespan and looks of home exterior paint is affected by regional climate conditions, the type of siding material painted, and the kind of paint used.
Hardie siding’s outstanding ColorPlus finish was engineered to give you the beautiful, low-maintenance home you desire. And when it’s applied to the HardieZone® system (panels designed specifically for your climate), it fortifies your home on the highest possible level.
The 11 Benefits of ColorPlus Technology
1. Simple maintenance you’re going to love
Because the finish on ColorPlus technology is so strong, you won’t have to repaint your home as quickly as other homeowners. Most houses are painted after siding is installed, giving them beauty that fades (which translates into the need for repainting every 5-10 years). ColorPlus saves you time and money by staying intact for 15 years. Spend time doing what you love most with this low-maintenance finish for your home.
2. Factory baked-on color that lasts
The James Hardie controlled, sterile factory environment creates the ideal finish for your siding. As a result of this outstanding application, you won’t find debris embedded in your siding’s paint covering.
3. Extreme adhesion you can rely on
ColorPlus technology is cured in the factory between coats, ensuring it delivers optimal adhesion.
4. Moisture resistance to fortify your exterior
The multiple coats of paint applied with ColorPlus technology create a bond that keeps water from intruding into your beautiful Hardie siding. That means it will not only last, but also protect your home from the costly hassles moisture can cause.
5. UV resistance
While other siding finishes fade over time due to the sun’s harmful rays, your Hardie siding with ColorPlus technology will keep its vibrant color.
6. 15-year warranty on finish
Hardie siding panels are covered by a 30-year warranty, and ColorPlus technology finish is backed by a 15-year warranty against chipping, peeling, and flaking.
7. Uniform coverage
The precision coating you get with factory-applied finish can’t be matched by a manual paint job after installation. Enjoy even coverage on every siding panel.
8. Consistent color if replacement is ever needed
It’s unlikely you’ll ever need to replace a fiber cement siding board once Hardie siding is installed, but if you do—we’ve got you covered. ColorPlus technology colors are exact, and you can simply order the same shade to maintain your home’s cohesive look.
9. Shorter installation time
There’s nothing like the frustration of weather delays when it comes to home upgrades. With ColorPlus technology, you won’t have to wait for your siding to be painted because it arrives from the factory already finished with the color you chose. You save several days by selecting ColorPlus.
10. Decreased VOC
Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) can leach into the air and cause trouble for people and the environment. Since ColorPlus technology eliminates the need for painting on-site, you and the environment get the benefits of the lower VOCs entering the air.
11. Designer picked colors
ColorPlus technology has gathered the best color combinations to express your style and complement your home’s architecture. These winning options come in two gorgeous groups:
- The Statement Collection—Get the most popular color choices in your region to take the guesswork out of the selection process. Your home will fit in perfectly in your neighborhood, increasing its value. These colors are readily available and locally stocked.
- The Dream Collection—Enjoy notable customization of your home’s color with over 700 ColorPlus finishes to choose from.
Why It’s Important to Hire a James Hardie Elite Preferred Contractor
When it comes to the details on how to get the best long-term performance from your siding, the James Hardie company thought of everything! They not only engineer and manufacture the most popular siding in America, but they also train contractors to install it! Here’s how that benefits you:
- James Hardie Elite Preferred Contractors (like us) are trained to install your siding according to the manufacturer’s best practices.
- Your outstanding 30-year non-prorated, transferable warranty will be honored.
- You can rest at ease that your Hardie siding will give you the high performance and long-lasting durability it was designed to.
- When you hire an Elite Preferred Contractor, you’re ensured a professional sales approach.
- The credit report and BBB rating are both verified as satisfactory for Elite Preferred Contractors.
- Contractors are state licensed and fully bonded where required.
- You’re well covered with both liability insurance and workman’s compensation insurance.
- The Hardie company ensures there is a satisfactory background check with past customers before awarding a contractor with their Elite Preferred title.
- All Elite Preferred Contractors have a homeowner “likely to recommend” score of at least 90% with GuildQuality, a third-party customer satisfaction surveying service.
Don’t settle for subpar siding installation for your home. You can be confident your siding replacement project will be done right the first time when you hire our experienced team of experts at UHQ Construction.
Schedule an appointment for a free, no-pressure consultation.