Looking for a home exterior remodeler near the Greenwood or Carmel, Indiana area? Begin by asking friends, family, and neighbors who have recently updated their home for recommendations. Interview more than one contractor so you can find the one who best meets your needs, and be sure to check their online reviews, BBB ratings, and Angie’s List.
What to Look for in a Reputable Contractor
When you’re in need of a local certified and trained home exterior contractor, here are a few tips to help you find the best one for your needs.
Check out online galleries of recent projects.
License and insurance.
Verify the home exterior contractor you are considering has ample liability and Workmen’s Compensation insurance. This will protect you in case there is an unexpected accident on your property. Also verify the contractor is licensed to do the work you are hiring them to do in your state.
Find out what services they offer.
When you are looking to upgrade your home exterior in multiple areas, it’s best to find an exterior contractor who offers all the services you need. You may need new windows, siding, roofing, and doors. When you find a contractor who can do all these things, you will get the best results.
Ask about their qualifications.
Evaluate the home exterior contractor’s qualifications. Ask about their experience in siding, windows, roofing, gutters, and more. Ask when they earned their license, how they handle complaints, and how many years of experience they have.
Establish ground rules.
Discuss what hours the contractor will be working in your home, what kind of notice they will give, where they will park, and the cleanup process at the close of each workday.
Find out how frequently you will receive project updates, and let the home exterior contractor know the best way to reach you.
Ask where their physical address is located.
Unfortunately, there are storm chasers who arrive after severe weather occurs in an area. You can spot these scams by asking some simple questions. Find out where the home exterior contractor’s physical address is. If there isn’t a physical address, that’s a sure sign you’re dealing with a storm chaser, and not a reputable company. A reputable company has a physical address.
Ask about payment timing.
Storm chasers often want the full price of a project upfront. Reliable companies will usually ask for a portion of the price as a down payment and the remainder of the total price after the work is finished. Don’t pay your final bill until you are completely satisfied with the work.
Review the contract.
A reputable home exterior contractor will give you a detailed estimate. You will need to sign a contract before any work begins. You can spot a good contract by looking for one with the estimated start and finish dates, a payment schedule, an itemized list of projects to be completed, the cost for each project, and if needed it will outline if permits are necessary and who will pull them. The contract will be written on company letterhead with the company name, address, phone number, and license number. It will contain the consumer’s name, project address, phone number, and date.
The Benefits of Hiring a James Hardie Elite Preferred Contractor Like UHQ Construction
Get precision siding installation for the best long-term performance.
- Our commitment to James Hardie best practices ensures your siding will be installed properly and your 30-year warranty from the James Hardie company will be honored.
- Our projects are randomly surveyed by the James Hardie company to ensure customer satisfaction and verify you received the superior level of service you deserve.
- You receive unrushed consultation. We treat you like we want to be treated and do your job right. We listen to your desires and walk you through the selection process.
- We communicate with you through your preferred method and provide regular updates on your project from concept to completion.
- We provide the best value for your investment with expert craftsmanship and service. And we will be there in the future if you need us.
- We give honest estimates that are detailed and itemized so you can know precisely what to expect.
- We help you understand how all home exterior materials work together to protect your home investment.
- We offer a lifetime workmanship warranty. Proper installation is vital to the long-term performance of your replacement siding, windows, and roofing. Our certified installation enables us to match our workmanship warranty with the manufacturer’s warranty.
- Some siding contractors install materials incorrectly, causing unnecessary damage. As a James Hardie Elite Preferred contractor, we install over 100 James Hardie projects every year, keeping our experience on point. Our crew is trained in installing Hardie siding according to the manufacturer’s reliability standards.
Get a Dependable Home Exterior Remodeler
At UHQ Construction, we transform home exteriors by offering precision siding replacement, windows, roof replacement and repair, and gutter installation. We use only the finest materials for your home exterior. In addition to being a James Hardie Elite Preferred Contractor, we are a Marvin Authorized Window Replacement Contractor, and an Owens Corning Preferred Roofer.
We believe the difference between a good contractor and a great one is their follow-up. We want you to be thrilled with your home exterior upgrade for years to come, so we stand behind our work, and we’re here for you in the future.
Transform your home exterior with new siding, windows, roofing, and doors. Contact us today and get a free estimate.