Central Indiana weather can be brutal on home siding. When moisture permeates your home exterior, its protective layer is compromised, making it vulnerable to damage. Wood rot, mold and mildew can cause further problems, and siding repair or replacement becomes critical. The longer your home exterior is left vulnerable to moisture intrusion without attending to it, the greater and more costly its harm.
Prevent siding damage due to moisture intrusion by installing durable fiber cement siding.
Fiber Cement Siding 101
While all fiber cement products are strong and durable, the most popular manufacturer of this reliable siding material is James Hardie. Protecting over 8,000,000 homes throughout America, Hardie siding is known for its beauty, longevity, and durability. Learn more about why James Hardie is the best kind of fiber cement siding for your home.
What is fiber cement siding made of?
Fiber cement is made of cement, sand, and cellulose. This strong combination keeps your home well protected from the weather. It’s been around for decades and is known for its long-lasting nature.
What are the benefits of fiber cement siding?
- Mimics other siding materials. Fiber cement siding can mimic wood or stucco siding, so you’re not limited in your home exterior’s looks.
- Known for its attractiveness. The beauty of fiber cement siding will make coming home a delight. Choose from a variety of styles from traditional horizontal lap siding to contemporary vertical siding. Get a great finish for your home with fiber cement trim.
- Offers reliable fire resistance. Fiber cement siding protects your family in case of a fire. It resists both heat and flames. Its noncombustible nature can even warrant a price decrease on some insurance policies.
- Resists the elements. The sturdy composition of fiber cement makes it resistant to hail, wind, moisture, and other severe weather elements. It won’t warp, dent, or crack.
- Increases the resale value of your home. Boost your home’s overall value with gorgeous Hardie siding.
- Provides low maintenance. Leave the frustrations of high maintenance wood or stucco siding behind with durable fiber cement siding. Simply wash it twice a year with a garden hose and a medium bristle nylon brush, and it will continue looking fabulous for years to come.
- Gives you insect resistance. Avoid the hassles of pest infestation with resilient fiber cement which resists woodpeckers, termites, and other pests.
- Performs well in natural disasters. Safeguard your home with strong, sturdy fiber cement material that gives you the peace of mind you deserve during storms.
- Has a substantial warranty. Because they are so well made, fiber cement products come with outstanding warranties.
- Lasts up to 50 years. This durable home exterior upgrade is so substantial that it withstands the elements and keeps looking fabulous for up to 50 years.
- Customizes to meet your style preferences. It comes in a variety of textures and styles to bring out the best in your home. Wood grain patterns mimic cedar siding, and smooth planks mimic stucco (without the high maintenance wood and stucco require).
How does it compare to other siding materials?
- Vinyl—Vinyl siding is not the most eco-friendly material on the market. It contains polyvinyl chloride (PVC), and produces twice as much carbon dioxide as fiber cement. It off-gases throughout its lifetime as well as when it ends up in a landfill. It’s super thin, so it easily dents, cracks, or becomes damaged due to weather elements.
- Fiber cement—This greener option than vinyl lasts up to 50 years, giving you a sustainable option to protect your home. This thick siding stands up to extreme weather, giving you confidence that your home is safeguarded when severe storms arise. It increases your property’s overall value, making it attractive to potential buyers.
- Wood siding—While wood looks gorgeous, it comes with a price: high maintenance. Wood is susceptible to moisture intrusion, causing costly damage like wood rot and mold. Wood can fuel a fire, creating a dangerous situation for your family and home.
Hardie siding benefits
- Lasting color—Hardie siding comes with ColorPlus technology. This factory baked-on color delivers fade resistance and UV resistance. Your siding will look vibrant for years to come with a gorgeous color that lasts. Choose from designer selected attractive color combinations that bring out the best in your home.
- Distinct style—Get the perfect look for your dwelling by choosing from one of the many style options Hardie siding offers.
- HardiePlank Lap Siding
- HardiePanel Vertical Siding
- HardieShingle Siding
- Durable protection—Enjoy the peace of mind that comes from knowing your home is well protected during severe storms with Hardie siding.
- The HardieZone system—The James Hardie company has studied the long-term effects of weather elements in various regions of the country and gives you perfectly made siding material for your area.
Why is it important for a certified James Hardie contractor to install this siding?
Choosing the right contractor to install your siding is just as important as selecting the best siding material for your home exterior. UHQ Construction is a James Hardie Elite Preferred Contractor who specializes in installing Hardie siding according to the manufacturer’s standards. They have a proven track record and are trained by the Hardie company so your warranty is honored. Rest assured your fiber cement siding will perform its best for years to come when it’s installed properly.
Get Reliable Siding Installation
Avoid the hassles of old, worn out siding and choose the trustworthy, popular siding America loves best: fiber cement.
Get the premium fiber cement product people rave about: James Hardie siding. Enjoy exceptional beauty, reliable protection, and extreme endurance with fiber cement which delivers an exceptional overall value, costing less than brick, synthetic stucco, and some wood siding options. To get a picture of what we’re describing, check out our gallery and dream a little.