When choosing your siding color, the reality of its direct impact on your home’s curb appeal can be intimidating. The good news is that you can obtain expert help from our experienced team at UHQ.
At UHQ, we understand how important color choice is when it comes to your home exterior. That’s why we developed a simple process to help educate you on your James Hardie siding color options and guide you toward a color combination that you’ll love for years to come.
Find the Perfect Color for Your Home With James Hardie
The Dream Collection™
Make your home exterior dreams come true with this stunning collection of color combinations. Choose from over 700 finishes. The design possibilities are endless with these beautiful color options. If you don’t get intimidated by a lot of choices, you have distinct vision and taste, and want “the sky to be the limit,” the Dream Collection is for you.
The Statement Collection™
This beautiful collection of colors contains the most popular color combinations in the Indiana area. These siding and trim shades are locally stocked and readily available, streamlining the timeline of your siding installation. If you don’t want to feel overwhelmed by a host of options, the Statement Collection is for you. These popular colors will blend well in your neighborhood and increase your home’s value.
James Hardie ColorPlus Technology
The Hardie company not only developed the most popular siding material in America, but also created a gorgeous, long-lasting finish to keep your home looking fabulous for years to come. What is it that homeowners love about Hardie’s ColorPlus technology?
- Color is applied in a clean, controlled factory setting.
- Color goes on your siding panels evenly.
- The finish is cured between coats so it adheres to the fiber cement well.
- The baked-on bond is strong and durable.
- ColorPlus technology has a 15-year warranty against cracking, peeling, and chipping.
- Fade-resistant Hardie color stands up to the damaging impact of UV rays.
- You can enjoy low maintenance because your ColorPlus finish will stay intact and won’t need to be repainted for 15 years.
- Your home’s vibrant finish will keep looking fabulous, giving you the curb appeal you desire.
- The Hardie company takes the guesswork out of color combinations. The designer-picked collection of ColorPlus colors ensures your home will look cohesive.
Experiment with Color Using James Hardie’s Color Visualizer
To find the shade you’ll love forever, simply use Hardie’s convenient visualizer tool to try color on your home before you finalize your decision. You’ll choose with confidence after seeing how the color will actually look on your home style before purchasing it.
The Color Combination That’s Right For You.
How Many Colors Do You Need for Your Home Exterior?
When choosing shades for your home, you need three:
- Siding—This is the main color of your home exterior.
- Trim—Use a contrasting tint on your window trim, door frame, shutters, and awnings to make them stand out.
- Accent—Apply this third color on your door to pull your home’s whole look together.
Tips for Color Choice
When choosing colors for your exterior, take a few things into consideration to get the best final result:
- Take a good look at your architecture. Get a sophisticated appearance that complements your home’s design. Your home style can dictate the color palette you choose from to bring out the best in its looks. Craftsman, ranch, midcentury modern, and contemporary homes all call for unique colors that match their style.
- Drive around your neighborhood. Take a look at the colors used throughout your area, and stay within the basic guidelines you see on your block. A cohesive look in your neighborhood adds value to your home.
- Complement your landscaping. Your home color should work well with your current landscaping design.
- Be aware of your HOA requirements. If your neighborhood has a governing HOA or covenants, you’ll need to stay within the boundaries they have established.
- Plan around the elements that are hard to change. Take a good look at the shade of your roof because your siding color choice will need to work well with your roof. If your home has brick or stonework, take these into consideration as you choose siding and trim tints. Choose paint colors that will tie your fixed elements together cohesively and give your home a harmonious look.
- Don’t rely on tiny paint chips to make your choice. Exterior color can vary significantly from the way it appears on the chip. Use a color visualizer tool, get a sample of a Hardie panel, or if you’re painting your home—simply try a quart of paint on an inconspicuous area before settling on your final choice. Color can change based on lighting, so look at your sample area at different times of day to determine if it’s what you love.
Make Your House a Home with Hardie Siding
When siding becomes old and worn out, moisture infiltration can cause costly problems. The longer homeowners wait to update their siding, the more repairs are needed when siding replacement begins.
If your home siding needs to be updated, join the over 8 million Americans who protect their home with Hardie siding. You’ll get the long-lasting beauty and strong performance you deserve—and you won’t have the high maintenance needs other siding materials require.
We understand how overwhelming it can feel to need exterior upgrades. At UHQ Construction, we’re here to help, and as a James Hardie Elite Preferred Contractor, your outstanding 30-year warranty will be well protected.
Get the ease of installation that comes with James Hardie ColorPlus technology. Avoid the hassle of weather delays that some homeowners experience when their home needs to be painted after siding is installed.
Take a moment to see more information on our James Hardie siding services.